Often asked: What Is Healio For Orthopedics?
- 1 What is Healio publication?
- 2 What are the subspecialties of orthopedics?
- 3 What is orthopedic prosthesis?
- 4 What is the abbreviation for orthopedic?
- 5 Who owns Healio?
- 6 What means CME?
- 7 What is the hardest surgical specialty?
- 8 What part of the body is orthopedics?
- 9 What is the highest paying surgical specialty?
- 10 What are orthopedic implants used for?
- 11 What type of metal is used in orthopedic surgery?
- 12 What are orthopedic products?
- 13 What is the difference between an orthopedic and Orthopaedic?
- 14 What does peds stand for in nursing?
- 15 Which abbreviation stands for surgical procedure?
What is Healio publication?
Designed as an in-depth specialty clinical information website, Healio features the industry’s best news reporting, dynamic multimedia, podcasts, question-and-answer columns, CME and other educational activities in a variety of formats, quick reference content, blogs, peer-reviewed journals and a wide range of popular
What are the subspecialties of orthopedics?
Orthopaedic Specialty Areas
- Foot and Ankle Surgery. Hip and Knee Surgery. Shoulder and Elbow Surgery. Trauma Surgery.
- General Orthopaedics. Orthopaedic Oncology. Spine Surgery. Bone Health Center.
- Hand Surgery. Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery. Sports Medicine. Osseointegration Clinic.
What is orthopedic prosthesis?
Prostheses. Orthopedists use a variety of orthopedic prosthetic implants to replace missing joints or bones, or to provide support to a damaged bone. Most commonly, orthopedists use prostheses for knees and hips, allowing the patients to regain full range of motion, pain-free, in a relatively short amount of time.
What is the abbreviation for orthopedic?
Abbreviations of Medical Specialties
|OSM||Orthopedic Surgery, Sports Medicine|
Who owns Healio?
The Wyanoke Group is the parent company for Healio, Healio LIVE, Healio Strategic Solutions, SLACK Incorporated, and Vindico Medical Education.
What means CME?
CME is the abbreviation for Continuing Medical Education and consists of educational activities which serve to maintain, develop, or increase the knowledge, skills, and professional performance and relationships that a physician uses to provide services for patients, the public, or the profession.
What is the hardest surgical specialty?
Competitive programs that are the most difficult to match into include:
- Cardiac and Thoracic Surgery.
- General Surgery.
- Orthopedic Surgery.
- Plastic Surgery.
What part of the body is orthopedics?
Orthopedic doctors (sometimes also called orthopaedic doctors or orthopaedic surgeons) are doctors who focus on caring for your bones, joints, ligaments, nerves, and tendons (the tissue that connects bones and joints). These parts of your body are also referred to as your “musculoskeletal system.”
What is the highest paying surgical specialty?
RELATED: The list of the top 10 highest physician salaries by specialty for 2019
- Neurosurgery — $746,544.
- Thoracic surgery — $668,350.
- Orthopedic surgery — $605,330.
- Plastic surgery — $539,208.
- Oral and maxillofacial — $538,590.
- Vascular surgery — $534,508.
- Cardiology — $527,231.
- Radiation oncology — $516,016.
What are orthopedic implants used for?
An orthopedic implant is a manufactured device designed to replace a joint, bone, or cartilage due to damage or deformity – such as from breaking a leg, losing a limb, or a congenital defect.
What type of metal is used in orthopedic surgery?
Titanium is a common metal used for implantation in orthopedic surgery. While titanium is a metallic element, the majority of orthopedic “titanium implants” are, in fact, alloys. These alloys are typically proprietary blends – differing from manufacturer to manufacturer.
What are orthopedic products?
Orthopedic devices are designed to prevent or manage musculoskeletal problems, while orthotics support or straighten weak joints or limbs. Orthopedic and orthotic devices include:
- Back supports and braces.
- Foot and ankle supports.
- Cervical collars.
- Knee and elbow braces.
- Hip supports.
What is the difference between an orthopedic and Orthopaedic?
Orthopaedics is the original British form of the word and Orthopedics is a more Americanized version. The word “ Orthopaedics ” comes from the Greek words “orthos” – meaning straight – and “paideion” – meaning children.
What does peds stand for in nursing?
peds (Noun) Pediatric medicine, pediatric nursing, and so on; a medical or other specialty dealing with child patients.
Which abbreviation stands for surgical procedure?
Which abbreviation stands for a surgical procedure? PRK.