- 1 What type of medical issues does an orthopedic specialist treat?
- 2 How do I prepare for an orthopedic appointment?
- 3 Who is the best orthopedic surgeon in Massachusetts?
- 4 What does orthopedics deal with?
- 5 What are the most common diseases in orthopedics?
- 6 What are the orthopedic problems?
- 7 What will my first orthopedic appointment be like?
- 8 What should I wear to an orthopedic appointment?
- 9 What can I expect at an orthopedic exam?
- 10 What is the best hospital for orthopedic surgery?
- 11 Who is the best orthopedic surgeon in the world?
- 12 Who is the best knee surgeon in the US?
- 13 What is the best doctor to see for osteoarthritis?
- 14 What kind of doctor takes care of muscle problems?
- 15 What will an orthopedic doctor do for back pain?
What type of medical issues does an orthopedic specialist treat?
Orthopedic doctors treat musculoskeletal conditions
- arthritis (including osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis)
- pain (such as knee pain, hip pain, joint pain, and muscle pain)
How do I prepare for an orthopedic appointment?
Preparing for Your Orthopedic Appointment
- Arrive Prepared. Like with any other initial appointment with a medical professional, you will need to bring a photo ID, your medical insurance card and referral if you were referred by another physician.
- Bring Medical Documentation.
- Bring a List of your Meds.
- Bring a Buddy.
- Physical Therapy Reports.
Who is the best orthopedic surgeon in Massachusetts?
Best Orthopedic Surgeons and Bone Surgeons in Boston, MA
- Dr. Karim Sabeh, MD. 24 ratings. 55 Fruit St Yakey # 3b Boston, MA 02114.
- Dr. Chadi Tannoury, MD. 10 ratings. 725 Albany St Ste 4b Boston, MA 02118.
- Dr. Joseph Kavolus II, MD. 10 ratings. 800 Washington St Boston, MA 02111.
- Dr. Simon Görtz, MD. 77 ratings.
What does orthopedics deal with?
Orthopedic surgeons are doctors who specialize in the musculoskeletal system – the bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, and muscles that are so essential to movement and everyday life. With more than 200 bones in the human body, it’s an in-demand specialty. Dislocated joints. Hip or back pain.
What are the most common diseases in orthopedics?
Common Orthopedic Disorders
- Osteoarthritis. Rheumatoid Arthritis. Treatment for Arthritis.
- Cubital Tunnel Syndrome. Lateral Epicondylitis (Tennis Elbow) Medial Epicondylitis (Golfer’s or Baseball Elbow)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
- Ligament Injuries to the Knee. Torn Meniscus.
What are the orthopedic problems?
General orthopedic problems include: Acute injuries, such as traumatic bone fractures and dislocated joints. Arthritis, which is joint inflammation causing pain, joint damage, and loss of joint function.
What will my first orthopedic appointment be like?
Physical examinations are important for the surgeon to assess your range of motion, swelling, reflexes, and skin condition. Your doctor will be observing your general capacity to move around in certain positions such as walking, sitting, standing, climbing stairs, bending forward and backward, etc.
What should I wear to an orthopedic appointment?
If you are attending for a knee, hip or spine problem, please wear or bring shorts to your appointment. If you are having shoulder or elbow problems, please wear a singlet or a top that has few buttons.
What can I expect at an orthopedic exam?
The doctor will observe your general ability to move around while walking, sitting, standing, climbing stairs, bending forward and backward, and performing other basic movements. These tests help the orthopaedic surgeon rule out or confirm possible diagnoses.
What is the best hospital for orthopedic surgery?
Here are the top 20 hospitals for orthopedics:
- Hospital for Special Surgery (New York City)
- Mayo Clinic (Rochester, Minn.)
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center (Los Angeles)
- NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital (New York City)
- Rush University Medical Center (Chicago)
- NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital -Columbia and Cornell (New York City)
Who is the best orthopedic surgeon in the world?
CHICAGO — Dr. Richard A. Berger, 55, is the only surgeon in the world to perform over 10,000 minimally invasive outpatient joint replacement surgeries.
Who is the best knee surgeon in the US?
25 of the Best Knee Surgeons in the United States
- Brian J.
- John D.
- Jack Farr, MD (Cartilage Restoration Center of Indiana, Indianapolis).
- David Fisher, MD (OrthoIndy, Indianapolis, Ind.).
- Freddie H.
- John Gill, MD (Dallas Sports Medicine Specialists, Dallas).
- Scott Gillogly, MD (Atlanta Knee and Shoulder Clinic, Atlanta).
What is the best doctor to see for osteoarthritis?
You might start by seeing your primary care doctor, who might refer you to a doctor who specializes in joint disorders (rheumatologist) or orthopedic surgery.
What kind of doctor takes care of muscle problems?
Specialists who can treat muscle pain, depending on its cause, include: Physiatrists, also known as a physical medicine or rehabilitation doctors. Orthopedic specialists, medical doctors (MDs) trained to treat musculoskeletal conditions, especially surgically.
What will an orthopedic doctor do for back pain?
Options include trigger point injections to relieve painful muscles, anti-inflammatory joint injections, epidural injections for spinal nerves, or nerve blocks. In more serious cases, your doctor may recommend surgery.